Teething troubles

After upgrading to WP 2.1, I got three illegal offset type errors and an undefined constant error. The second type was easily fixed – missing single quotes. For the first type, I first thought of typecasting the array keys in the necessary lines; but then, just for the heck of it, decided to do the upgrade the orthodox way.

The way I usually carry out an upgrade is to do it on localhost and then upload the files and the WP SQL export. After running into problems this time, I followed the official way of uploading the new files and then running the upgrade process on the hosting server. Till now, it is working – no errors. I’d better close the ticket I opened on WP support for this fault.

The final problem I get is “The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading”. I will have to figure it out with the host.

Overall, it was an interesting week getting my site transferred.

Advertisements